Rabu, 05 Januari 2011

A WIFE MAY WORK WHETHER SHE HAVE CHILDREN OR NOT


Now, I am 20 years old. Even though I am still young, I have to think about my future family. In fact, not only do I think about marriage and future family, but also my friends think about that. We also share our dream together. We are as women usually talk about what choice that we choose after having children, such as we are still working or not when we have had children. Mother with young children who work has some pros and cons. Several friends say that they will not work after having children. There are some reasons why a wife should not work: having heavy household, having less time with her husband and children, and earning money by her husband. However, I have my point of view about this case and I could not agree with them.
My friends told that to be a house wife is not as easy as people think. A good household should look after her children, serve her husband, and keep house. Maybe they are true, but I think I can find some solution for this case. I can hire a maid to help me keep my house. It means that I had helped person by employing her in my house. In addition, sometimes if I always stay at home for waiting my children and husband back home by doing nothing; it can be boring. Working at home or outside will make me enjoy because I have activities to do besides keeping my house.
Having less time with her husband and children is one of reasons why my friends want to be a housewife after marrying someone. In their opinion, working will spend time with their family. It is because each member of family has their own activities. Therefore, they only meet each other at night when they are already tire. Nevertheless, it is not totally right. In my opinion, they are still having time together. For instance, they can enjoy the weekend together. They can go holiday when they have long holiday. Besides, a wife who works part time can back home earlier than her husband. Consequently, she can cook for dinner with her family. On the other hand, I change my job into some jobs that can do in my house if I am afraid that my job can make me stay away from my family.
My friends said that a husband can earn money for his family living cost. Hence, his wife may not allow to work, just doing household. Admittedly, a husband should pay his children’s school fee, daily needs expenses, and cost of living, but it is not enough. I have to think about my parents and my private needs. For example, when I want to give my parents money or something, I want to go shopping, or pamper myself, such as go to saloon, I do not need to ask my husband to give me money. I can use my own money. Moreover, it is too lamentable if I cannot apply my diploma in working. Whereas, the purpose I take higher education is to get better job. On the other hand, I can help my husband financial, so I can save money more.
          To sum up, in my opinion that it does not matter a wife works whether she have had children or not. It is because I can get more advantages by working outside or home. However, I have to remind that I am still a wife of my husband and mother for my children. Despite the fact that I work for helping my family financial, I may not forget my job as a wife and mother. I should obey the rules. Of course, I must look after my children and monitor their growth. Hence, I have to manage my time between job and family.
By: Ririn Astrina Putri


0 komentar:

Template by : kendhin x-template.blogspot.com